I’m finally back! Sorry for the brief hiatus, I was driving up to school and moving in for my JUNIOR YEAR!!! Gah. It’s scary how fast time is flying by.
This year is going to be really different from my past two years of school in a lot of ways. I’m super excited about some of this, but also a little nervous if I’m being totally honest. For the first time, I’m living off-campus in a house with a few girlfriends. I’ll be doing my own cooking for most meals, and I’m going to have to worry about grocery shopping for myself! I know that doesn’t sound very scary, but trying to budget and keep track of what I’m buying (and making sure it’s mostly healthy!) will be something new for me.
Growing up is kinda scary. BUT it’s also ridiculously cool/exciting/fun/awesome! Some things I’m excited about for the coming year:
- my classes (yes, I’m a nerd… What can you do? )
- my friends (I have an amazing network of friends at school and I’m so happy to be reunited with them finally!)
- running some more half-marathons!! (I have one next Sunday!)
- cooking for myself and trying new recipes (photos of my creations will be posted! and details about the successes/failures of particular recipes.)
- having my own room!!! (pretty self-explanatory, even though I love my roommate from freshman/sophomore years! In fact, she’s just down the hall from me now. )
Then, there are the things that I admit, I’m just the teensiest bit worried about:
- finding the time to run, blog, study, do homework, go to work, etc… (time management is going to be important!)
- staying organized with all my commitments
- missing the mother half of this Mother-Daughter Running Duo (and my family, Brady and Keeper)
I love this quote. And as the year progresses, I’m going to have to work through challenges/stresses/life problems. They’re part of life, and all I can do is handle them the best I can. After all, you can’t have the ups without the downs!
It’s going to be an adventure, for sure! Here we go