My week was another busy one, but I’m happy to report I did much better on the Fall Fitness Challenge this week! Without further ado, here’s how the week shaped up:
- Saturday – I tried my hand at yoga! In all honesty, it was not the most intense workout I have ever done, as I used a 15 minute yoga for beginners video, but it was fun to try something new, and if I wasn’t doing this challenge, I probably wouldn’t have done anything at all, so I figure something’s better than nothing. Interested in trying some yoga for beginners? Check out the video here!
- Sunday – I participated in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in the morning (full recap here!) It was a lot of fun, and I was so happy to participate! The 1 mile walk was a teensy bit short for me though, so I did a challenging, fast 5k-long run later in the afternoon.
- Monday – again, tried a new workout! This time, it was a 40-minute pure barre workout from Fitnessblender. I became curious about pure barre after reading about it on Julie’s blog. It’s kind of a combination of ballet and pilates exercises – think plie squats, leg lifts, calf raises… it was a pretty intense workout! Walking up stairs the next day, I was definitely feeling it 🙂
- Tuesday – 10 minute abs. Workout here. I wish I had gotten in a longer workout, but the day kind of got away from me.
- Wednesday – 4 miles. I knew it was going to be a crazy busy day, so I got up bright and early to squeeze this run in. So early in fact, that the sun had not come up yet. The first picture was from when I first started the run, the second was from the end. It was definitely hard to set out in the dark, but I was so happy that I got the run in when I finished.
- Thursday – 9 mile long run. This was the furthest I’ve run since the marathon, and it felt good to go a challenging distance again! Plus, I was missing vanilla-flavored Gu’s!
So much better than last week. 🙂 Check out how the rest of the Sweat Pink Ambassadors did this week-
- Diane at Runnin Rocker
- Kristen K at Runaway with Me
- Kristen at Exploring Domesticity
- Ariana at Happy Life Healthy Life
- Brandi at Noteworthy Running
- Michelle at Fearless Beauty Fitness
- Kathy at Mama Marathoner
Have a great weekend! 🙂