Happy Friday and also – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Ok, let’s dive into how this week shaped up with the challenge!
- Saturday – 3.38 miles at 9:12/mile
- Sunday – 10 minute tank top arms workout.
- Monday – 30 minute HIIT cardio + abs workout. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training, and this workout was very intense! I was super sweaty when I finished. 🙂
- Tuesday – 35 minute HIIT pilates + cardio workout followed by a speedy 1 mile run (8:38/mile)
- Wednesday – Mostly rested. *Note to self – don’t do 2 HIIT workouts on consecutive days. I was SO. SORE. I decided to let my muscles recover, and got my exercise walking around campus.
- Thursday – 4 mile run at 9:13/mile
So overall, a pretty strong week! I think the HIIT workouts will really be a great cross-training activity to start adding to my workouts on a regular basis, as they combine toning exercises with cardio (and this is a combination I can’t really get just by running!)
In other news, I’ve hit a blogging milestone!
That’s right, I’ve finally hit 100 posts. 🙂 Woohoo! When I started this blog I basically had no idea what I was doing. I had recently started following a few running blogs, and I enjoyed reading them, so I figured why not write one? Haha, since then I’ve realized just how much work actually has to go into a blog! I cringe looking back at some of my earliest posts (Want to read my first post ever? Read it here.) But I feel like I’ve learned a lot since then, and I’m hoping this blog continues to grow and improve with each post. 🙂 So to all my readers, THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my race recaps and my random thoughts, and for your kind comments and well-wishing (it made such a difference during the marathon to know I had so many people rooting for me and my mom!). I hope to keep this blog going for a long time, and it means so much to me to have such fantastic readers.
Have a wonderful Halloweekend! 🙂 (see what I did there?)
Want to read up on how some other bloggers are doing with the Fall Fitness Challenge? Check out the bloggers below who are all participating in the challenge with me!
- Diane at Runnin Rocker
- Kristen K at Runaway with Me
- Kristen at Exploring Domesticity
- Ariana at Happy Life Healthy Life
- Brandi at Noteworthy Running
- Michelle at Fearless Beauty Fitness
- Kathy at Mama Marathoner