Can you believe today is December 1st?? Christmas is a mere 25 days away! Eek! Given that your Christmas shopping is probably in full-swing, I thought I would do a gift guide for runners in today’s post! Here are some things that I think are pretty cool, and that I think might also appeal to the runners or athletes in your life. 🙂
1. Compression sleeves from ProCompression. I’ve never gotten to try compression sleeves, but I’ve heard really good things about them in terms of easing soreness and promoting circulation! Plus, I think the powder blue color is so pretty. They have a great selection of colors though, if that isn’t your favorite!
2. Long-sleeved shirt or headband from Janji. Janji sent me these items to review and I love them! I wore the headband out running a few days ago, and it kept my ears nice and toasty in the 20 degree weather.
3. Garmin Forerunner 15. A GPS watch is obviously a little pricey, but if you know a dedicated runner who will put it to good use for many years, then it might be worth the investment.
5. Marathon Gear. Ok, this might just be because my mom and I ran our first marathon this year, but I am still really proud of that, and I want all the things that say 26.2. Who cares if it’s braggy. 😉
6. Old Navy Active Women’s Sweater Pullover. I read a lot of good things about Old Navy’s active wear line, and I have been looking at it online a bit, and I’m pretty impressed! A lot of it looks really stylish, but also functional, just like this pullover. Plus, it has thumb-holes, and we all know I love thumb-holes. 🙂
7. This 26.2 Necklace. I love the goldbar necklace craze. And I love that you can show pride for your accomplishment in a subtle way with the roman numerals (they also have 5k, 10k, and half marathon versions as well!). This etsy shop also lets you select if you want Sterling silver, gold, or rose-gold, so you can get exactly what you want. 🙂
8. A nice water bottle. As a runner, I know I should be focused on hydration, but I usually forget to drink water during the day! a couple of my housemates have Camelbak water bottles, and they love them! If you know a runner or someone who goes to the gym a lot, this is probably a gift that would get a lot of use.
9. Lululemon Wunder Unders. Yes, these are expensive (and no, they aren’t see-through anymore!). Personally, I have a lot of issues with my workout leggings falling down, and these are supposed to stay up really well. And while they are quite expensive, Lululemon does offer great customer service, where you can bring them into your local store if you have any problems.
10. Yurbuds headphones. These are made specifically to wear when running or working out. My headphones fall out a lot when I run and get sweaty, and these are slip-resistant and have a lot of great reviews.
So there you go! A few ideas for Christmas shopping. 🙂 Now, I just have to make it through the next few weeks of term projects and finals to make it to the holiday!
Have a great day!