Looking for an exotic and new way to eat your veggies? This recipe’s up to the challenge!
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- approximately 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 container extra firm tofu, sliced, drained, and patted with paper towels (allow to drain at least 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 package baby bok choy, washed and cut in half
Simmer frozen carrots and potato in the chicken broth until soft. Then, using a food processor, blend the carrots and potato into a puree. Add the coconut milk and process again. Set aside.
Oil a frying pan and sautee the ginger for 1-2 minutes, then add the tofu. Remove the tofu to a platter after it turns slightly golden. Next, deglaze the pan with the orange juice, then add the bok choy. Cover and cook for a few minutes until the bok choy is cooked (this won’t take long!)
If needed, you can rewarm the puree and tofu at this point using a microwave.
You can eat this as a delicious dinner or turn it into a lunchtime special by assembling it as a wrap (like I did in the pictures). To eat this as a wrap, spread the puree on the wrap, then top with tofu, bok choy and carrots. Sprinkle with low-sodium soy sauce, roll up your wrap, and ENJOY! To enjoy as a dinner with a fork and knife, start with the puree, layer with tofu, and then top it all off with the bok choy and soy sauce. Mix it all up and delight in all the exotic flavors!