Happy New Year’s Eve!
Can you believe 2015 is already here?! 2014 seems like it just flew by for me. 🙂 It was a great year overall, and before making some New Years Resolutions, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at what happened this year.
- My mom and I crossed off 3 more states in our mission to run 13.1 miles (or more) in every state – Vermont (with the Mad Half Marathon), Connecticut (with the Amica Iron Horse Half), and New York (with the Rochester Marathon)
- We also experienced running up Heartbreak Hill with the Runners’ World Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon and Festival. That hill was tough even as a half marathon, and I have a new respect for the Boston marathoners who have to run it after having already completed 18 miles!
- We also got to hear Shalane Flanagan speak at the event, which was so incredible! She was so down-to-earth and funny, and I’ll definitely be rooting for her in 2015.
- In September, my mom and I finished our first marathon – the Rochester Marathon!! After playing with the idea of a marathon for so long (and even mentioning it in my 2014 Non-Resolutions post), it feels incredible to think I actually did it. And I know for sure that there will be more. Even though my toenail still hasn’t completely grown back. 😉
- I began my senior year of college at SUNY Geneseo… and then I graduated. I absolutely loved my undergrad experience, and I am very excited to go back and see my friends in May and walk at my graduation.
- I continued to grow this blog! When I first started blogging, I didn’t really know what I was doing (at all). But I’ve learned so much since then, and I’m so happy to see my little corner of the internet improving! Now that I’m home, I’m really excited to devote some time to making it even better (but I’ll talk more about that later!)
I want to come up with some goals for the new year. But for now, I’m pretty happy to just celebrate 2014.
I hope you enjoyed 2014 too and have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!